The Sports Alliance of Minnesota is a group of youth sports leaders who share knowledge and best practices for youth sports organizations.
- promotes fun, participation, and competition for the athletes.
- develops strong personal character traits.
- fosters healthy lifestyles.
- encourages sportsmanship.
- believes in ethical behaviors of players, coaches and parents.
- creates a safe environment.
- requires the involvement of everyone in the betterment of the community.
- To have all activities of the team conform to the mission and objectives of the program.
- To teach good sportsmanship to players, coaches, spectators, and parents.
- To teach life skills and character development to the participants.
- To train officials who will ensure fair play, sportsmanship and a safe environment.
- To educate parents, players, and coaches on the rules of the game.
- To educate parents on how to be a good role model for their children.
- To promote those teams and participants who decide to follow the program.
- To educate the coaches on the mission statement, basic coaching skills, how to work with parents, and how to establish/enforce the rules.
- To evaluate and assess the program through surveys to coaches, players, and parents.
- To commit to the betterment of their community by giving of their time and resources